September 17, 2004

Whiskeytown // Stranger's Almanac

Ryan Adams has garnered a lot of press for solo albums 'Gold' and 'Heartbreaker', but he first came to the public's attention in the alt country band Whiskeytown. I picked this album, 'Stranger's Almanac', up a couple of years ago when I was in an alt country phase (another good band discovered at that time was the Old 97's).

I haven't spent much time listening to Adams solo work, although none of it outshines his work on this album, 'Strangers Almanac'. Standout tracks being 'Excuse Me While I Break My Own Heart Tonight' and '16 Days'. The former song features Alejandro Escovedo helping out on vocal, he alternates with Adams.



>>>go to a folder containing + Stranger's Almanac
* if you have trouble with the link, keep trying, I had the same problem.

>>>buy the album


>>> you can get two Alejandro Escovedo tracks here.


No comments:

Post a Comment