June 21, 2006

Sufjan Stevens: 'The Avalanche' Stream Part 1 and Free MP3s

Stevens latest album on Asthmatic Kitty, The Avalanche [July 11th], can now be streamed here in the first of four parts. Just look for this picture on the main page and follow the link on Asthmatic Kitty's page.



Here are some mp3s for those uninitiated in the sounds of Stevens.

+ the henney buggy band - from The Avalanche
+ the man of metropolis steals our hearts
+ casimir pulaski day
+ holland *
+ year of the dog*
+ jason *
+ niagara falls
+ lord god bird

*I'm no techie, so I'm not sure why the three mp3s linked from Stevens label can't be downloaded from this site. But if you go to Stevens page on the label site, you can download the songs there.

OF course, Stevens can be found at eMusic through their free trial offer of 25 downloads. Or search for more songs here.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:42:00 AM

    I am really sick of all the emusic pimping. It's enough to make me never want to switch to itunes permanently! Every single blog pimps emusic to the point of nausea. I thought blogs were supposed to be different than the corporate MSM. Guess not...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:54:00 PM

    ya know whot i'm sick of? anonymous comments, negative anonymous comments... i'm surprised this comment even appears here. the bloggers don't have to put this stuff on their blogs, ya know? and just so this isn't another negative anonymous comment, I want to say thanks for the sufjan songs and the link to stream the new album. THANKS... positively!!

    SS

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off, I agree w/ SS. If you don't like what's on a blog, the for God's sake DON"T GO THERE! It's not like Alan forced his way onto your computer....

    Unfortunately, the downloading of the Sufijan doesn't seem to be working (for me anyway); if I click the title I get a "forbidden access" error; if I "save link as" (I'm on a Mac and that's usually how I can download), an mp3 icon appears on my desktop, but it won't load into ITunes or play.

    You have a great blog, in any case. Thanks! -- Greg (NOT anaonymous!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops, it seems I should have checked the Sufjan links from his label, Asthmatic kitty. They aren't working any longer. I will see if I can find some of these songs elsewhere.

    Sorry everyone!

    ReplyDelete