February 28, 2007

Feist: The Reminder + Tour Dates

Okay, first off, how the hell did Leslie Feist's voice get even more amazing? She's improving and that's scary... wait, no that's good. I suppose it's from the world-wide touring she did for Let It Die, and you know, even though I can't sing, if I sang all the time, I know I'd get better. So, even an amazing voice like Feist's can improve as well. All right, now I'm not scared any longer (unless I happen to hear myself singing). This song "My Moon, My Man" isn't going to set anything on fire in my world. It's slight and short and sure as hell can't be the best thing on the upcoming release The Reminder... but then that's why it's the first track 'officially' leaked, it's the one that will appeal to most listeners. Now let me backtrack and say that I now feel this song will be a grower and after a dozen more listens will begin to rub me the right way. Although when I wish for Feist to rub me the right way, I turn to her debut solo album, Monarch. I prefer the indieness of this early record, as opposed to the more mainstream, AOR vibe of Let It Die.

From the upcoming release, The Reminder
my moon, my man [mp3]

From Monarch
It's Cool To Love Your Family [mp3]

MORE MP3s HERE.


The Reminder Tracklist (release dates: April 23 worldwide, May 1 in Canada and US)
So Sorry
I Feel It All
My Moon My Man
The Park
The Water
Sea Lion Woman
Past in Present
Limit to Your Love
1 2 3 4
Brandy Alexander
Intuition
Honey Honey
How My Heart Behaves

Upcoming Tour Dates
04-16 London, England - Komedia
04-17 London, England - Shepherd's Bush Empire
04-19 Bourges, France - Printemps de Bourges Festival
04-23 Berlin, Germany - Hebbel Am Ufer
04-26 Paris, France - Le Grand Rex
05-15 Victoria, British Columbia - Royal Theatre
05-16 Vancouver, British Columbia - Orpheum Theatre
05-18 Edmonton, Alberta - Winspear Centre
05-19 Calgary, Albert - Jubilee Auditorium
05-22 Regina, Saskatchewan - Conexus Arts Centre
05-23 Winnipeg, Manitoba - Burton Cummings Theatre
05-26 Toronto, Ontario - Massey Hall
05-31 Ottawa, Ontario - Bronson Centre
06-01 Montreal, Quebec - Olympia Theatre
06-02 Quebec City, Quebec - Imperial Theatre
06-16 Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo

No comments:

Post a Comment