May 21, 2013

Surf City "It's A Common Life"


Fire Records band, Surf City, have announcee the date of release for their upcoming record, We Knew It Was Not Going To Be Like This. August 19th is the day and here's the sound.

You can almost see, feel, and taste the rust being flailed off the guitar in New Zealand band Surf City's " Its A Common Life". This isn't a put-down  it's just the image I see on first listen. I like what I hear and look forward to growing to love it. Someone has great ears and has used them to bring their inspirational influences alive in their own rocking voice. 'Dream pop' is a label being pinned on the band's sound, but I hate to pop that dream. I dare you to come close to feeling the word 'dream' when listening.  Or wanting to dream, or even sleepwalking for that matter. I feel a cross of Husker Du and Teenage Fanclub in this track.

Album, We Knew It Was Not Going To Be Like This, due out on Fire Records, August 19.

No comments:

Post a Comment