November 07, 2005

Shooby Taylor: The Human Horn

I've heard "Stout-Hearted Men" done by Shooby Taylor, about 20 to 30 times in the past three days... and it still makes me laugh (even if I am sick... uh, I mean physically sick... well, ok, maybe a little mentally as well).

Shooby Taylor, I'm guessing, is known in some tiny cult-like circles for his enthusiastic, but poorly done, scat singing. Billed as The Human Horn, Shooby Taylor explained it this way, "I blow me."

There is even some video of Shooby being forced off the Apollo stage in the early eighties on his home page.

Listen to some blowing...
+ stout-hearted men

---------------------

There are twenty mp3s on the late Shooby Taylor's website.

The well known indie label, Absolutely Kosher, will release some of Shooby's stuff in 2006.

2 comments:

  1. Great post. I posted about him earlier this year. I've been listening to Shooby for some time now. A friend turned me on to him about 3 or 4 years ago. I love his rendition of Cash's Folsom Prison Blues. That's great to see that Absolutely Kosher will be releasing some of his work. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The "duets" with the Man in Black are priceless.

    ReplyDelete