March 09, 2007

Feist MP3: "One Year A.D."

I have been listening to Feist's upcoming record and am happy to find it more closely resembles her earliest solo work on 1999's Monarch (Lay Down Your Jewelled Head). I think this new record is much closer to how Feist wishes to present herself and her music. Let It Die was an experiment, a very successful one, but an experiment nonetheless. But I am merely speculating here, perhaps this is how she always works and her upcoming effort, The Reminder, is also an experiment.

From Monarch here is, "One Year A.D.", it's guitars, drums, and a little rockin'. This is one of my favourite Feist songs...



Visit this previous *Sixeyes post for more info on the new album, tour dates and mp3s.

1 comment:

  1. I've been waiting for this record for a while now. Let It Die was brilliant.

    ReplyDelete