November 18, 2009

Tom Waits LIVE: Atlanta 2008 + Akron 2006


To me, Tom Waits is the antithesis of The Beach Boys, and I can't stand The Beach Boys. I've been fascinated with Waits ever since stumbling upon an appearance he made on the Dinah Shore Show in the mid to late seventies, and that was one hell of an exciting stumble. I guess that's why I might envy youth, not for their age, but for having so much ahead of them, something like the discovery of Tom Waits, or Bob Dylan. I think that's why I, still, at half a century on this planet, seek out new music, I want to feel that thrill and excitement once again... but I'm a picky son of a bitch. Here's some Tom for you, in the small hope that you are making your own discovery through this post.

I've posted these two shows to encourage you to get out and buy Tom Waits' Glitter and Doom Live CD which will see the light of day on November 23rd. After all, now that you've heard unofficial Live Waits, just imagine how good the official product is... and it is, believe me. Find all you need to know and more by following the link to Tom's web page above.

Fox Theater Atlanta, Georgia July 5, 2008

Intro
Lucinda / Ain’t Going Down To The Well
Down In The Hole
Falling Down
Chocolate Jesus
All The World Is Green
Cemetery Polka
Cause of it All / Til The Money Runs Out
Such A Scream
November
Hold On
Black Market Baby
9th And Hennepin
Lie To Me
Lucky Day
On The Nickel
Lost In The Harbour
Innocent When You Dream
Hoist That Rag
Make It Rain
Dirt In The Ground
Get Behind The Mule
Hang Down Your Head
Jesus Gonna Be Here
Singapore
Encore:
Eyeball Kid
Anywhere I Lay My Head

Civic Theatre, Akron, Ohio August 13 2006
Make It Rain
Shore Leave
Falling Down
Tango Till They're Sore
Tom Traubert's Blues
Eyeball Kid
Murder in the Red Barn
Trampled Rose
Bottom of the World
Til the Money Runs Out
Get Behind The Mule

Subscribe to Sixeyes feed here.

No comments:

Post a Comment